Experiences of the Past


I began preaching the gospel in 2001. I remember my third sermon title and message so clearly even to this day. It was called "Don't Forget To Remember" and I talked 45 minutes about why it is so important to remember your past experiences with God to overcome current issues in your life. Now at this stage of my spiritual development, I find that I've come full circle back to that same idea but with much more sustenance than before.

When I began researching this whole enlightenment movement, I was completely against it and came in looking to discredit it. I felt it was luring people away from the faith and the Bible. And to be honest, while I've always had various reservations about the bible, and I've always known certain things, I felt it was not wise to teach it because there was no basis for it anywhere else. I figured it was simply for me. I felt that my prior experiences in Christ prepared me to do this job because I had truly had some powerful and unexplained moments. I'd laid hands on sick people and they were healed right then. I had felt a literal shaking of the whole room as I preached. I'd seen worship nearly shake a whole civic center, so to speak. I myself had been saved in miraculous ways more than once and no doctor could explain it. I had my medical records to prove that my God was God. I thought I was good to go.

However, as I began to do research, I discovered that this journey began for me at birth, though my eyes were closed to what it was. I believed that everything about who I was could be explained through the faith as presented in the Bible and that what I hadn't found there was simply because some parts of our journey is so personal that no one else would experience it in the same way. I'd found ways to soothe the thousand questions Christianity left open for me and having that bandage ripped off was alarming, to say the least. Suddenly, I was coming face to face with things I could not prove were true except that it has always been true inside me and I'd always known it. Suddenly, my imaginary friends of the past didn't feel so imaginary. Their teachings were showing up in other places and people had explanations that made sense to my soul. Suddenly, questions were being answered and I found myself in a quandary because none of it changed my faith in God. In fact, it made it stronger. However, it changed everything about how I saw religion and religious teachings. 

If you're on the path and seeking truth, I'm sure you've had moments when you felt you were either betraying God or betraying everything you'd ever been taught. I'm sure there are moments of excitement followed by moments of guilt and then confusion because you're likely on this journey alone without family members who will support it. This is not the kind of journey you can call up just anyone and discuss. The teachings of mainline religion has thoroughly made what you're doing seem like an unforgivable sin. If you begin talking about psychic gifts, spiritual awakening and enlightenment, Fibonacci's sequence, sacred geometry, multiple dimensions, and co-creating reality, people will swear you're demonic or dismiss you as a flake. But all of these things and more are things that must be addressed, things that were mentioned in the Bible in various ways. When you begin learning, you find that the bible has been leading you here all along because we've not used the book to its fullest potential, mainly because we try to use it as a tool of control rather than a map to the truth... a map TO the truth, TO the Source of Life.

I encourage you to try to remember who you were and what you knew before you were programmed. Did you grow up knowing some things that you couldn't explain? Did you simply know you chose your parents? Your life? Your struggles? Did you know God and talk to the Creator before you were taught to do it and how? By remembering your past experiences, you can start over again as an adult and begin to seek the truth without all the fear that is pumped into us by mainline religions. I also encourage you to keep a journal. Take note of what you learn and where you learn it from. Spend time in prayer for clarity and truth. Indeed, we are an intelligent design and there is an Intelligent Designer. But there is much more to this walk than churches and the limited understanding we've been forced not to question as it pertains to the bible. I wish you all a great journey and I look forward to your feedback. As always, you can find my books on my website. Namaste.




Comments

  1. Excellent points Lacresha. If we truly admit it there was and is "Something" inherently placed inside us actually before we were even conceived. It's what makes us who we are!! We need to grasp that "Something" and allow it to direct us in the process to our purpose!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment